About JD Breast Cancer Foundation
JD was named in honor of Jacqueline Dobransky, a vibrant young woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1997 at the age of 33 and passed away from her disease one short year later. During her illness, Jacqueline looked unsuccessfully for support groups that might help her to cope with her illness and to help her make decisions unique to those in her age group with this disease.
Founded in 1998, JD has grown exponentially since its inception and now offers not only support groups, but financial aid, referral services, informational resources, and legal assistance. In addition, we host many breast health outreach events in various communities throughout Northeast Ohio (targeting primarily teenage girls and those in at-risk populations), and wellness workshops tailored to meet the needs of women enduring treatment or recently out of treatment. All programs and services are provided free of charge.
JD Breast Cancer Foundation’s Mission Statement:
JD Breast Cancer Foundation enhances survivorship through financial assistance and support.
We accomplish our Mission through our Core Values
- Compassion: We will do what it takes to get help to those who need it in a timely manner.
- Responsiveness: We are flexible enough to meet the changing needs of our clients.
- Excellence: We care enough to exceed expectations, do the very best, and go the extra mile to deliver what’s needed.
- Integrity: We value accountability to each other and our clients, financial stewardship and commitment to our mission.
- Respect for all: We have respect for our board, staff and volunteers. We respect humanity of the people we serve at all stages of their journey.