Who is eligible?
Any individual who has been diagnosed with breast cancer, is in active treatment or has been in the past 12 months, and is in financial need. We are currently limiting funding to individuals living in Northeastern Ohio.
What types of expenses are eligible to be paid through Emergency Financial Assistance?
Our emergency funding provides a one- time payment to eligible clients to cover:
- Housing – rental or mortgage
- Medical supplies not covered by insurance
- Utilities – gas, electric, water, phone
- Transportation expenses – gas, public transportation, car payments
How often can I receive funding?
Applicants are only eligible to receive funding once every 12 months.
How are financial assistance funds delivered?
If funds are approved for an applicant, a check is written directly to pay the bill (i.e. to the mortgage company, the landlord, the electric company, and/or the gas company).
How do I apply?
If you want to apply for emergency financial assistance from JD Breast Cancer Foundation, you will need to complete the Application for Assistance. Be sure to follow the instructions for completing the Application.
We are committed to turning around completed applications within approximately 30 days. We want to provide this emergency assistance to eligible clients as quickly as possible. However, we can only make a decision on an application once it is complete. Please read the instructions carefully so that all information is submitted with the application.
Is the information in my application kept confidential?
Yes, all of the information on your application is kept strictly confidential.
What kind of information do I need to apply?
There is a complete checklist included with the Instructions for the Application. Some of the information required for your application includes:
- Personal Information
- Employment Information
- Financial Information
- Insurance and Prescription Information
- Assistance Request 0 Information which will include all required documents to verify assistance is needed such as mortgage statement, or rental agreement, etc.
- Medical Information which will include a section to be signed by your physician
- Biography/Needs Assessment section where you have an opportunity to share how having breast cancer has created a financial hardship
We want to help our eligible clients as quickly as possible. Please make sure that your application is totally completed before submitting. If you have any questions prior to submission, please call our office at 216.791.9447.